1. This is HSL
Helsinki Region Transport (HSL) is a joint local authority whose task is to develop and provide smooth, reliable transport solutions to customers' needs in the region.
Our member municipalities are Helsinki, Espoo, Vantaa, Kauniainen, Kerava, Kirkkonummi, Sipoo, and from the beginning of 2018, Siuntio and Tuusula. In 2017, a total of 375 million journeys were made on HSL’s transport services. Our operating income amounted to over 657 million euros, of which ticket revenue accounted for 54.4 per cent. We have 391 employees.
We provide attractive and efficient public transport services and develop effective mobility together with other operators in the field. According to our vision, we strive to ensure that the region’s residents have a good day-to-day life and to make the region the most functional urban region in the world.
We promote attractive eco-friendly mobility options that promote people’s wellbeing. Our employees share a common goal to make travel in the region more sustainable withe less emissions than at present.
- Is responsible for the preparation of the Helsinki Region Transport System Plan (HLJ),
- Plans and organizes public transport in the region and improves its operating conditions,
- Procures bus, tram, Metro, ferry and commuter train services,
- Approves the public transport fare and ticketing system as well as ticket prices;
- Is responsible for public transport marketing and passenger information, and
- Organizes ticket sales and is responsible for ticket inspection.